Welcome to Internet and e-mail for SENIORS with Windows 8
Studio Visual Steps
ISBN: 978 90 5905 128 7
Book type: Paperback, full color
Number of pages: 280
Price: US $22.95 Canada $25.95
Table of contents - PDF file 135.9 kB
Sample chapter - PDF file 928.9 kB
Expand your world with new, exciting discoveries with Windows 8!
The computer book Internet and E-mail for SENIORS with Windows 8 is the ultimate starting point for senior citizens who want to start using the Internet. This computer book's easy-to-understand instructions will guide you step by step in learning to use the Internet and e-mail. The purpose of this step-by-step book is to acquaint you with the Internet. Then we will teach you the essential skills needed to take full advantage of what the Internet can offer. We have also given a lot of attention to Internet safety and privacy. We will alert you to potential dangers when using the internet. Finally, we will show you what kind of measures you can take to protect your computer.
Work through the book at your own pace while sitting at your computer, and you'll gain all the skills you need to take optimal advantage of everything the Internet and e-mail have to offer.
The book Internet and E-mail for SENIORS with Windows 8:
- encourages learning with an easy step-by-step approach
- has been tested by seniors
- is based upon practical experience
- focuses on acquiring new skills
- gives detailed background information
- contains a convenient reference section
- contains an extensive index
Learn how to:
- surf the World Wide Web
- search the Internet effectively to find information
- send and receive e-mails
- contact other Internet-users
- download free software from the Internet
- protect your computer from intruders such as spyware and viruses
Windows 8 on a desktop or laptop computer
Viewing PDF files
How can I view the PDF files?
You can download, open, view or print these PDF files with the program called Adobe Reader. Most computers already have this software installed, but if yours does not, you can download Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe website. Learn how to download and install Adobe Reader on the following website: www.visualsteps.com/adobereader
Internet and e-mail for SENIORS with Windows 8 is written using the acclaimed Visual Steps method. This method features the following:
- Content - the special needs and requirements of the beginning user with little or no technical background have been taken into account.
- Structure - self-paced, learn as you go. Proceed step by step with easy to follow instructions. What's more, the chapters are organized in such a way that you can skip a chapter or repeat another as desired.
- Illustrations - plentiful use of
screen illustrations to show you if you are on the right track.
- Layout - large sized book and large
print make it easy to read.
The Studio Visual Steps Authors
The Studio Visual Steps team of authors consists of different professionals, all thoroughly experienced in their subject field.