Welcome to iPhoto, iMovie and Other Useful Mac Programs for SENIORS
Studio Visual Steps
ISBN: 978 90 5905 138 6
Book type: Paperback, full color
Number of pages: 256
Table of contents - PDF file
Sample chapter - PDF file
(This title is no longer available.)
Please see our catalog page for other titles.
All Mac computers come with an assortment of user-friendly programs that allow you to perform everyday tasks quickly and easily. You can organize and edit your photos with iPhoto and use iMovie to import, arrange and edit your video clips into a professional movie.
Become more proficient with programs you use on a daily basis, such as Safari to surf the web and Mail to send and receive email messages. Learn how to use Calandar to manage appointments and organize contact information with Contacts.
The Mac also contains a number of useful tools that help to make the Mac easier to use. For instance, you can use Launchpad to open programs (apps) from a single place. You can add your favorite apps to Launchpad yourself and organize similar apps into folders.
We hope you enjoy the multitude of practical and useful programs on your Mac!
Topics covered in this computer book:
- photo and video with iPhoto and iMovie
- playing music with iTunes
- useful tips for Internet and email
- creating an address book and calendar
- creating backups
Suitable for: OS X Lion and Mountain Lion
Prior experience: Basic computer skills
Viewing PDF files
How can I view the PDF files?
You can download, open, view or print these PDF files with the program called Adobe Reader. Most computers already have this software installed, but if yours does not, you can download Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe website. Learn how to download and install Adobe Reader on the following website: www.visualsteps.com/adobereader
iPhoto, iMovie and Other Useful Mac Programs for SENIORS is written using the acclaimed Visual Steps method. This method features the following:
- Content - the special needs and requirements of the beginning user with little or no technical background have been taken into account.
- Structure - self-paced, learn as you go. Proceed step by step with easy to follow instructions. What's more, the chapters are organized in such a way that you can skip a chapter or repeat another as desired.
- Illustrations - plentiful use of
screen illustrations to show you if you are on the right track.
- Layout - large sized book and large
print make it easy to read.
The Studio Visual Steps Authors
The Studio Visual Steps team of authors consists of different professionals, all thoroughly experienced in their subject field.