Welcome to Protect, Clean Up and Speed Up Your Computer for SENIORS
Studio Visual Steps
ISBN: 978 90 5905 257 4
Book type: Paperback
Number of pages: 160
Price: US $19.95 Canada $21.95
Table of contents - PDF file 102.7 kB
Sample chapter - PDF file 560.9 kB
Optimize your Windows computer
Regular maintenance of your computer will keep your system running smoothly and efficiently. But, can you do this systematically? The computer book Protect, Clean Up and Speed Up Your Computer for SENIORS explains step by step what you can do to optimize Windows and clean up the hard drive. The many screen shots in the book indicate which button, file or hyperlink you will need to click.
You will learn how to protect your computer from viruses and spyware and how to manage the privacy settings in Internet Explorer. You can make your computer run faster by doing a disk defragmentation and by keeping your startup programs in check.
This computer maintenance teaches you also how to use the Check Disk program to correct errors on your hard drive. All of these measures will help you keep your computer more stable and in good shape.
Learn how to use the protection, clean up and optimization tools available in Windows:
- protect your computer from viruses and spyware
- configure Windows Firewall
- manage the privacy and security settings in Internet Explorer
- filter unwanted e-mail
- clear your browsing history in Internet Explorer
- defrag the hard drive using Disk Defragmenter
- create a System Restore Point
- use Windows Update
- manage start up programs
You can acquire these basic skills by working through one of the following computer books:
This book is suitable for:
- Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP
Viewing PDF files
How can I view the PDF files?
You can download, open, view or print these PDF files with the program called Adobe Reader. Most computers already have this software installed, but if yours does not, you can download Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe website. Learn how to download and install Adobe Reader on the following website: www.visualsteps.com/adobereader
What readers are saying about Protect, Clean Up and Speed Up Your Computer for SENIORS
Protect, Clean Up and Speed Up Your Computer for Seniors: Use the Protection, Clean up and Optimization Tools Available in Windows requires no special software, no special computer knowledge, and no special eyesight in order to prove a top pick for seniors using computers. It provides the basics of protecting a system from viruses and spyware, from setting up Windows Firewall and security options to restoring a system after problems. The self-paced arrangement and large-size print is accompanied by big, clear screen shots that leave nothing to the imagination. The result is a top recommendation that addresses one subject in depth but uses an easy structure any senior will find much more accessible than the usual computer owner's tome.
- California Bookwatch/ The Computer Shelf July 2012
Protect, Clean Up and Speed Up Your Computer for SENIORS is written using the acclaimed Visual Steps method. This method features the following:
- Content - the special needs and requirements of the beginning user with little or no technical background have been taken into account.
- Structure - self-paced, learn as you go. Proceed step by step with easy to follow instructions. What's more, the chapters are organized in such a way that you can skip a chapter or repeat another as desired.
- Illustrations - plentiful use of
screen illustrations to show you if you are on the right track.
- Layout - large sized book and large
print make it easy to read.
The Studio Visual Steps Authors
The Studio Visual Steps team of authors consists of different professionals, all thoroughly experienced in their subject field.