Welcome to Protect, Backup and Clean Your PC for SENIORS
Studio Visual Steps
ISBN: 978 90 5905 400 4
Book type: Paperback, full color
Number of pages: 216
Table of contents - PDF file
Sample chapter - PDF file
(This title is no longer available.)
Stay safe when using the Internet and email and keep your PC in good condition
It is very important to safeguard your computer and protect your privacy while surfing the Internet. What can you do to prevent cybercriminals from getting hold of your personal data? How do you safely use the Internet without contracting viruses on your computer? How do you make sure it is safe to shop online or do your Internet banking? It would be awful to find out that your personal data has been hijacked, or that your bank account has been emptied!
In this book we explain how to protect your computer from viruses and spyware. We also discuss some of the measures you can take when browsing the Internet or sending and receiving email.
It is also very important that you create regular backups of your computer. A backup copy will protect you from losing your valuable personal files and photos in case your computer crashes. The last topic in this step-by-step book is maintenance. We will show you how you can clean up your computer by deleting unneeded programs and files, and checking your hard disk for errors. This helps to make your computer function faster and also more efficiently.
Learn how to:
- Protect your computer from viruses and spyware
- Prevent spam
- Manage the privacy and security settings
- Shop safely online
- Use online banking and take security measures
- Use Facebook and Twitter safely
- Create backups
- Defrag and optimize the hard drive
Suitable for: Windows 8.1 and Windows 7
Viewing PDF files
How can I view the PDF files?
You can download, open, view or print these PDF files with the program called Adobe Reader. Most computers already have this software installed, but if yours does not, you can download Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe website. Learn how to download and install Adobe Reader on the following website: www.visualsteps.com/adobereader
Protect, Backup and Clean Your PC for SENIORS is written using the acclaimed Visual Steps method. This method features the following:
- Content - the special needs and requirements of the beginning user with little or no technical background have been taken into account.
- Structure - self-paced, learn as you go. Proceed step by step with easy to follow instructions. What's more, the chapters are organized in such a way that you can skip a chapter or repeat another as desired.
- Illustrations - plentiful use of
screen illustrations to show you if you are on the right track.
- Layout - large sized book and large
print make it easy to read.
The Studio Visual Steps Authors
The Studio Visual Steps team of authors consists of different professionals, all thoroughly experienced in their subject field.