Social Media for SENIORS
Studio Visual Steps
ISBN: 978 90 5905 018 1
Book type: Paperback, full color
Number of pages: 224
Table of contents - PDF file
Sample chapter - PDF file
(This title is no longer available.)
Use social media to keep up with friends, get back in touch and communicate with family
For millions of people, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media websites have become an integral part of everyday life for both private and commercial purposes.
You can hardly find a company, club, newspaper or television program that does not have its own page on Facebook or Twitter. For many celebrities, clubs and sports organizations, such a page has proved to be an indispensable form of communication.
The user-friendly computer book Social Media for Seniors will acquaint you with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and WordPress. You will learn how to create an account and how to enter all the necessary information. Next you will learn how to update your status by creating messages that can include hyperlinks, photos and videos. You will then be ready to add or invite friends or contacts to your page. Finally, we will discuss some of the important elements to consider when configuring the privacy settings.
Do you own a company, or are you involved in a club organization? You will also get valuable commercial tips about using your page for communicating with your customers or members. These days, social media pages can play a major part in your business!
Topics covered in this computer book:
- create an account in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- add personal information, blogs and photos to your profile
- build friends
- configure privacy settings
- create a blog in WordPress
- with tips for commercial use
Windows 8, 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Mac OS X
Social Media for SENIORS is written using the acclaimed Visual Steps method. This method features the following:
- Content - the special needs and requirements of the beginning user with little or no technical background have been taken into account.
- Structure - self-paced, learn as you go. Proceed step by step with easy to follow instructions. What's more, the chapters are organized in such a way that you can skip a chapter or repeat another as desired.
- Illustrations - plentiful use of
screen illustrations to show you if you are on the right track.
- Layout - large sized book and large
print make it easy to read.
The Studio Visual Steps Authors
The Studio Visual Steps team of authors consists of different professionals, all thoroughly experienced in their subject field.