Welcome to Tips and Tricks for the iPad for SENIORS (for iOS 7)
Studio Visual Steps
ISBN: 978 90 5905 099 0
Book type: Paperback, full color
Number of pages: 272
Table of contents - PDF file
Sample chapter - PDF file
(This title is no longer available.)
Please note: if you are working with an iPad with iOS 8 you can use the book Tips and Tricks for the iPad with iOS 8 and higher for SENIORS (ISBN: 978 90 5905 390 8). See our catalog page for other books about the iPad.
A book full of practical and efficient tips for the iPad with iOS 7
The iPad offers numerous possibilities. Once you have mastered the basic operations of this handy device, there are many more possibilities to discover. For example, there are still several useful settings on the iPad that will make it easier to use. These settings involve the operation of the touch screen, sounds and messages, and the use of privacy options. It is very good to know more about these settings and how to edit them on the iPad!
Most apps offer additional settings that you can apply. For example, you can decide whether or not to accept cookies in Safari, synchronize your calendar with your email account, choose which messages to display, set up home sharing in iTunes and set volume controls for the Music app.
Apart from the tips this book provides for the standard apps on your iPad, we will also give you some tips for apps you can purchase or download for free in the App Store. Although this is a small selection of relevant apps, some of them may really suit you. Remember that this online store contains millions of apps. Therefore we recommend you always stay alert and keep looking out for new apps, either in the App Store, on the Internet, and in magazines.
But first of all, quickly dive into this book and find out what else the iPad has to offer!
- To adjust various image, sound, notifications, and privacy settings
- To make use of handy settings for working with the keyboard
- To create backup copies
- About all sorts of tips for your email, Internet, calendar, and contacts
- How various apps cooperate, and on the settings you can use
- About photos, video, music, ebooks, and other types of entertainment
Suitable for: all iPads with iOS 7.
Viewing PDF files
How can I view the PDF files?
You can download, open, view or print these PDF files with the program called Adobe Reader. Most computers already have this software installed, but if yours does not, you can download Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe website. Learn how to download and install Adobe Reader on the following website: www.visualsteps.com/adobereader
What readers are saying about Tips and Tricks for the iPad for SENIORS (for iOS 7)
Thank you for publishing the Tips and Tricks for the iPad for seniors.
Since we bought the book, we can clearly understand the concept of using an iPad. We didn't even know the meaning of wireless WiFi a couple of months ago. Now we can show other seniors how to use the iPad.
Enjoying the book very much and thanks again.
- Doug and Linda Elliot 2014
Tips and Tricks for the iPad for SENIORS (for iOS 7) is written using the acclaimed Visual Steps method. This method features the following:
- Content - the special needs and requirements of the beginning user with little or no technical background have been taken into account.
- Structure - self-paced, learn as you go. Proceed step by step with easy to follow instructions. What's more, the chapters are organized in such a way that you can skip a chapter or repeat another as desired.
- Illustrations - plentiful use of
screen illustrations to show you if you are on the right track.
- Layout - large sized book and large
print make it easy to read.
The Studio Visual Steps Authors
The Studio Visual Steps team of authors consists of different professionals, all thoroughly experienced in their subject field.