Welcome to Windows 7 for SENIORS
Studio Visual Steps
ISBN: 978 90 5905 126 3
Book type: Paperback
Number of pages: 336
Price: US $19.95 Canada $21.95
Table of contents - PDF file 25.3 kB
Sample chapter - PDF file 463.2 kB
The perfect beginner's book for people who want to work with Windows 7
The computer book Windows 7 for SENIORS is a great computer book for senior citizens who want to get started using computers. The book walks you through the basics of the operating system Windows 7 in an easy step-by-step manner. Use this learn-as-you-go book right alongside your computer as you perform the tasks laid out in each chapter. Learn how to use the computer and the mouse and write letters. This book also teaches you how to surf the Internet and send and receive e-mails. Be amazed at how fast you will start having fun with your computer with the new skills and information you will gain!
The book Windows 7 for SENIORS:
- encourages learning with an easy step-by-step approach
- has been tested by seniors
- is based upon practical experience
- focuses on acquiring practical skills
- gives detailed background information
- contains a convenient reference section
- contains an extensive index
Learn how to work with Windows 7:
- become comfortable and enjoy using your computer
- write letters and memos on the computer
- send and receive messages by e-mail
- explore the World Wide Web
- customize your computer settings
This book is suitable for:
- Windows 7 Home
- Windows 7 Premium
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Internet Explorer 8
Viewing PDF files
How can I view the PDF files?
You can download, open, view or print these PDF files with the program called Adobe Reader. Most computers already have this software installed, but if yours does not, you can download Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe website. Learn how to download and install Adobe Reader on the following website: www.visualsteps.com/adobereader
What readers are saying about Windows 7 for SENIORS
Thank you! I am a senior computer instructor. I have been teaching seniors for over 10 years. I needed to catch up with the new operating system, Windows 7. I went to the library and found 3 books: Microsoft windows 7 simplified, Windows 7 for seniors, and your Windows 7 for seniors. You can't compare the other two instruction books to yours; they were too complicated for seniors. However, your manual was superior, the other two failed the test. They were much to difficult for seniors. Need to look at your other manuals.
- Sharon, Boston, MA
I belong to an active computer club in the Hill Country of Texas. During several of our recent meetings the new OS (Operating System) Windows 7 has been discussed. At a current meeting several publications were presented to the group, one of them was "Windows 7 for SENIORS". The book is published by "Visual Steps" and provides a support website. I have used publications from this publisher in the past and found them to be very informative and cover the topics and shortcuts very well. It is the fastest way to become familiar with a new OS or other computer topic and because it is written for Seniors it has extra details provided. It is a fast and effective way to be updated and stay in tune with the times. These comments provided to you by an 81 year old senior that is trying to stay in the flow of things.
- Ed W. Campbell, Independence, KS USA
This series is very popular with seniors at my public library. The writers clearly understand the needs of their target audience. This book in particular is exceptionally well-written. The information is organized into meaningful sections and the book does not drown the reader in technical details that the readers do not need to know in order to accomplish their goals (i.e. surf the web and send & receive email messages).
- Help for the Computer Shy - Brunswick, Maine
So many adults are stymied by modern technology. Windows 7 for Seniors is a great guide to modern PCs and a path to today's technology.
Windows 7 for SENIORS is written using the acclaimed Visual Steps method. This method features the following:
- Content - the special needs and requirements of the beginning user with little or no technical background have been taken into account.
- Structure - self-paced, learn as you go. Proceed step by step with easy to follow instructions. What's more, the chapters are organized in such a way that you can skip a chapter or repeat another as desired.
- Illustrations - plentiful use of
screen illustrations to show you if you are on the right track.
- Layout - large sized book and large
print make it easy to read.
The Studio Visual Steps Authors
The Studio Visual Steps team of authors consists of different professionals, all thoroughly experienced in their subject field.