Welcome to Windows 8.1 for SENIORS
Studio Visual Steps
ISBN: 978 90 5905 118 8
Book type: Paperback, full color
Number of pages: 368
Price: US $22.95 Canada $27.95
Table of contents - PDF file 22.0 kB
Sample chapter - PDF file 465.4 kB
The perfect beginner's book for people who want to work with Windows 8.1.
The computer book Windows 8.1 for SENIORS is a great computer book for senior citizens who want to get started using computers. The book walks you through the basics of the operating system Windows 8.1 in an easy step-by-step manner. Use this learn-as-you-go book right alongside your computer as you perform the tasks laid out in each chapter. Learn how to use the computer and the mouse and write letters. This book also teaches you how to surf the Internet and send and receive e-mails. Be amazed at how fast you will start having fun with your computer with the new skills and information you will gain!
The book Windows 8.1 for SENIORS:
- encourages learning with an easy step-by-step approach
- has been tested by seniors
- is based upon practical experience
- focuses on acquiring practical skills
- gives detailed background information
- contains a convenient reference section
- contains an extensive index
Learn how to work with Windows 8.1:
- become comfortable and enjoy using your computer
- write letters and memos on the computer
- send and receive messages by e-mail
- explore the World Wide Web
- customize your computer settings
Suitable for: Windows 8.1 on a desktop or laptop computer
Viewing PDF files
How can I view the PDF files?
You can download, open, view or print these PDF files with the program called Adobe Reader. Most computers already have this software installed, but if yours does not, you can download Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe website. Learn how to download and install Adobe Reader on the following website: www.visualsteps.com/adobereader
What readers are saying about Windows 8.1 for SENIORS
I recommend your books to all of my "senior" friends. When we purchased our first computer 5 years ago, I relied completely on all of your books for Windows Vista. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
- Pat Monroe
Windows 8.1 for SENIORS is written using the acclaimed Visual Steps method. This method features the following:
- Content - the special needs and requirements of the beginning user with little or no technical background have been taken into account.
- Structure - self-paced, learn as you go. Proceed step by step with easy to follow instructions. What's more, the chapters are organized in such a way that you can skip a chapter or repeat another as desired.
- Illustrations - plentiful use of
screen illustrations to show you if you are on the right track.
- Layout - large sized book and large
print make it easy to read.
The Studio Visual Steps Authors
The Studio Visual Steps team of authors consists of different professionals, all thoroughly experienced in their subject field.